NOVI, Mich., Sept. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Cooper Standard (NYSE: CPS) facilities are showcasing potential careers in modern manufacturing with 2015 Manufacturing Day events. The Company's Surgoinsville, Tenn., Fairview, Mich., Spartanburg, S.C. and Auburn, Ind. facilities are opening their doors to students of all ages for an inside look at the benefits of pursuing careers in the manufacturing industry.
Manufacturing Day - produced by the National Association of Manufacturers, Fabricators and Manufacturers Association International, Manufacturing Institute and Manufacturing Extension Partnership - is an annual event during which North American manufacturers showcase modern manufacturing and foster interest in manufacturing careers. It is a growing grassroots movement of manufacturers dedicated to overcoming the shared challenges facing manufacturers today. This year, approximately 1,950 facilities are slated to host events throughout October, which is coming to be known as Manufacturing Month.
"Manufacturing Day is a great way to celebrate the manufacturing industry and its support of 17.4 million U.S. jobs," said Jeffrey Edwards, chairman and CEO, Cooper Standard. "It also helps highlight the many engineering, design, machining, finance, human resources, information technology and marketing jobs that offer high-tech and rewarding careers for students."
In celebration of this great cause, Cooper Standard is hosting several events for students of all ages and anyone interested in learning about the benefits of a manufacturing career.
- On October 2, Cooper Standard's Surgoinsville (377 Phipps Bend Rd.) facility is hosting plant tours at 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Attendees can learn about the Company's fluid transfer, and fuel and brake delivery systems manufacturing and how it is a vital part of the evolving global automotive industry.
- On October 2, the Company's Fairview (2799 E Miller Rd.) facility will also host plant tours. In addition to learning about Cooper Standard's fluid transfer, and fuel and brake delivery systems manufacturing, participants will also tour the recently expanded model plant that's serving as a training ground for lean manufacturing best practices for its other global manufacturing plants.
- Cooper Standard's Spartanburg (100 Quality Way) facility, which produces sealing systems for global automakers, will partner with Spartanburg Community College and participate in two events in celebration of Manufacturing Day:
- On Oct. 20, there will be two 30-person plant tours - at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - open to the first 60 mechatronics students who register; and
- On Oct. 27, Cooper Standard will have a display at the Manufacturing Day Open House Event on the campus of Spartanburg Community College. Visit https://www.sccsc.edu/client/EventDetail.aspx?id=9892 to learn more.
- On Oct. 30, the Company's Auburn (207 S West St) facility will showcase its exciting work in automotive anti-vibration systems and offer tours of its manufacturing, labs and rubber mixing areas.
Anyone interested in participating in Cooper Standard's Manufacturing Day events can register via the Manufacturing Day website - http://www.mfgday.com/events?host=Cooper+Standard - or by contacting Chris Andrews at 248-596-6217 or email@example.com.
About Cooper Standard
Cooper Standard, headquartered in Novi, Mich., is a leading global supplier of systems and components for the automotive industry. Products include sealing, fuel and brake delivery, fluid transfer and anti-vibration systems. Cooper Standard employs more than 27,000 people globally and operates in 20 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.cooperstandard.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/four-cooper-standard-facilities-promote-north-american-manufacturing-with-manufacturing-day-celebrations-300151906.html
SOURCE Cooper Standard